CHICAGO (CBS) – At least one person is dead and 22 others are injured in the Chicago shootout over the weekend. Three of the victims are under 18 years of age.
During the first weekend shootout, the 16-year-old was hit in the leg by a firearm shot on Friday night in block 3000 West Wellington, Lakeview around 5:20 PM
The victim was taken to the Illinois Masonic Hospital, initially reported in good condition.
A ten-year-old boy was shot dead as he was walking down the sidewalk with his father on 1000 East 93rd Street in Burnside on Friday night.
The two were walking along with another man and another child around 8:37 pm, when the red sedan’s passenger fired the shots.
The boy was shot in the left leg and taken by his father to Comer Children’s Hospital and is listed in good condition.
Police found a seriously injured man in a 1900 block on East 81 Street in southern Chicago at around 10:16 PM on Friday.
Officers responded to the call by fired shots and found a 23-year-old man in a silver truck who did not respond.
The victim was discovered with a gunshot wound to the right biceps and flank and was transported by the Chicago Fire Department to the University of Chicago Hospital in critical condition.
A 34-year-old man was shot and killed as he stood outside block 1100 West Hubbard Street in the West Loop around 10:35 PM on Friday.
Police said the victim was on the sidewalk when a white Durango passenger fired the shots.
The victim was taken by CFD to Stroger in good condition with a gunshot wound to his left leg.
In the other photos from 5:00 p.m. on Friday to 5:00 a.m. on Monday:
· At 11:46 PM Friday, 500 North Sawyer Avenue Block, a 42-year-old woman was standing in the street when shots were fired in the area and the victim was hit. The victim sustained a bullet wound to the hip and abdomen and was transported to Mt Sinai Hospital in good condition.
· At 11:40 PM Friday, 6100 South Cottage Grove Avenue, a 24-year-old man was standing on the sidewalk when the shots were fired. The victim was taken by CFD to UC in good condition with a gunshot wound to the right shoulder.
· At 12:25 PM Saturday, in block 3200 South Lithuanica Avenue, a 30-year-old man was standing on the sidewalk as an approaching man was fired. The victim was taken by CFD to UC in good condition with a gunshot wound to the right shoulder.
At 12:30 pm Saturday, in 1800 South Racine Avenue block, two men were standing on the sidewalk when an unknown man fired shots. A 34-year-old man was rushed to Stroger by CFD in serious condition with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. Another 34-year-old man was flown to Stroger by CFD in good condition with a gunshot wound to both legs.
· At 12:18 PM Saturday, in block 2700 on West 68th Street, a 16-year-old boy was dropped off at Holy Cross Hospital with a gunshot wound to his left leg and is replaced in good condition. The victim did not provide any details of the incident.
At 12:34 PM Saturday, on block 2900 West Diversey Avenue, a 25-year-old man was driving a vehicle on Diversey when a white Jeep passenger fired shots. The victim traveled to the Ascension of the Virgin Mary with gunshot wounds on the back and was presumed dead.
At 1:08 am on Saturday, on Block 100 South Wacker Drive, a 32-year-old man was in a fight with another man when a red sedan passenger fired shots. The victim was taken by CFD to Northwestern Hospital in good condition with a gunshot wound to the back.
At 1:10 AM Saturday, block 0-100 East Wacker Drive, a 27-year-old man was walking down the sidewalk when a group of people started beating him and the offender fired shots. The victim was taken by CFD to Northwestern in good condition with a gunshot wound to the head.
At 2:21 AM Saturday, 300 South Central Park Avenue, a 20-year-old man was standing on the sidewalk with a group of people as the shots were fired. The victim was taken to West Suburban Hospital in good condition with gunshot wounds to the right foot.
At 3:35 on Saturday, at block 6300 on South Halsted Street, a 29-year-old man was a passenger in the vehicle when the shots were fired. The victim was dropped off at St. Bernard in good condition with gunshot wounds to his right foot.
· At 4:06 am Saturday, 4300 North Troy Street block, a shapeless man was standing outside when he heard gunshots and felt pain. His father took him to a local hospital for treatment. The victim suffered gunshot wounds to the left arm and right elbow. The victim is very uncooperative in the investigation.
At 1:07 AM Saturday, in block 4800 South Justine Street, two men were at a house party standing outside as a black SUV ran over and started shooting at a group of people. A 32-year-old man suffered gunshot wounds to his right shoulder and back. He was rushed to the Stroger Hospital in an unknown state. A 22-year-old man was shot in the lower leg and taken to the U of C hospital in an unknown condition. The perpetrators fled in an unknown direction.
· At 12:22 PM Saturday, on block 7300 South Dorchester Avenue, a 24-year-old woman was in the vehicle when she was hit several times to the body. The victim was transported to the U of C hospital, initially reported in critical condition.
At 12:00 PM Saturday, at Block 4700 South Prairie, September 17, 2022, three men were near the street when a black Cadillac Escalade approached them and an interior passenger pulled a pistol and fired shots. The 26-year-old was hit on the foot, the 29-year-old man was hit on the ankle, and the 35-year-old man was hit on both legs. All three victims were transferred to the University of Chicago Hospital and were initially reported in good condition.
Nobody is arrested in any shootings.
It is a developing story.
#killed #injured #shootings #Chicago #weekend