Family of Zyheim Hartman, alleged gunman who shot SEPTA officer, 3 others, speaks out – Greeley Tribune

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — We’re hearing from family members of an 18-year-old man who police say shot a SEPTA transit officer and three others this week. Police say he fired at officers on Arrot and Leiper Streets in Frankford.

Family members gathered to remember the alleged shooter.

Read more: How the pandemic-fueled Pokémon hobby inspired a South Jersey father-son duo to create a card collection app

As they searched for answers, the suspect’s mother expressed her sympathy to the victims.

“They’re telling this whole story, but we don’t know what started it,” said relative Karen Harrison.

Nearly 48 hours after shots were fired from a second-floor window, loved ones of Zayheim Hartmann are still trying to piece together how the 18-year-old turned into a shootout with officers for a leg chase.

“He didn’t say a word about how it started. We just heard he’s returning the fire,” Harrison said.

On Friday, Philadelphia police issued an update saying they believe Hartman was involved in a physical altercation that ended when he opened fire, killing a man as well as two female onlookers. hit.

Read more: Phillies Honor 2 Pennsylvania State Troopers Killed in I-95 Crash Before Season Opener

Moments later, in an exchange from an apartment on Leiper Street, officers say he got into a gun battle with police and shot Septa police officer Ervis Onuzzi.

“We can’t reduce it, we can’t sweep it under the rug and act like it never happened. It happened and we can’t undo it and the family and everyone who was involved, It’s unfortunate,” Harrison said.

In a statement, Philadelphia Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw said: “I look forward to the full recovery of these four victims, and will be grateful that there were no additional injuries to civilians and responding officers. All officers fired. As such, we will ensure that there is a thorough, complete and objective investigation.”

As the investigation continues, officials say Hartmann was killed by police bullets, not a self-shot wound, as police had previously reported.

Keisha Jones-Hartman says she still hasn’t seen him.

“I still never saw my son. He’s been dead for two or three days and we still don’t know,” Jones-Hartman said.

More news: Jerry Rosado arrested in Wildwood over 32-year-old sexual assault case, prosecutors say

The condition of all the victims involved is stable.

Leave a Comment