Investigation into the death of Kelly Smith who was found dead on the Kirklees Trail

A teenager who was found dead in a popular beauty spot had no definite whereabouts at the time of her death, an inquiry was heard.

The body of Bury’s Kelly Smith was found near the Kirklees Trail in June last year.

An investigation into the death of the 19-year-old heard that he had been taken to Fairfield Hospital after attempting to end his life a year before he died.

She was moved to the hospital’s Irwell unit at Fairfield Hospital in March 2019, but when professionals had no clear idea where she would live, she was discharged and the day she was released, she was admitted to A&E. Came back

Buried teenager dies after long battle with mental health problems

The court heard from Adeola Akinola, an adult psychologist at Fairfield Hospital who treated Kelly after she was admitted.

She said she was diagnosed with emotionally unstable personality disorder and was in her ward before being released later in the month.

The doctor confirmed that she had used the pass to exit the premises and came back intoxicated.

Coroner Joan Kersley asked her what her policy is when people do this.

He added: “We see the effects of drinking after 24 hours, if it worsens the mental state.”

The coroner asked again: “‘She was saying she didn’t want to be here,’ when asked what was here, she replied ‘alive’.”

The doctor confirmed this had happened, saying: “It’s not unusual, when people are drunk they say things they wouldn’t otherwise.”

The coroner asked if Callie returned to A&E after discharge and Doctor Akinola confirmed that it had happened, but said she had not been informed because she left before she could see the mental state. Health Team.

During interrogation it was heard that she was about to go to a homeless unit in Bury Council after staying with her sister one night, but she did not turn up.

Samantha Doherty, general manager of Bury Home Treatment, which offers the option of in-hospital treatment, said Callie was allotted a seven-day follow-up instead of four weeks.

Callie didn’t attend an appointment until four days after she left the hospital.

Ms Doherty said: “If we had an address we would have been cold called.”

He also said that there was no response on the mobile number given to him.

The court also heard that Callie had stayed at the Castlecroft residence and later with a friend and with her aunt after leaving the hospital, but there was no fixed residence at the time of her death.

Inquiry continues.

Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *