GreeleyTribune.Net

Greeley Tribune, Greeley Tribune News, Greeley Tribune Sports

Judge dismisses 2020 election fraud case in Fulton County, Georgia

ATLANTA – A judge on Wednesday dismissed a fraud charge during the 2020 election in Georgia’s most populous county. The lawsuit called for a review of the 147,000 absentee ballots to determine if any were illegal.

The lawsuit was originally filed in December and contains evidence of fraudulent ballots and improper ballot counting in Fulton County. It was filed by nine Georgian voters and was led by Garland Fiorito, a longtime critic of Georgia’s electoral system.

Henry County Superior Court Chief Justice Brian Amero’s order dismissing the case states that voters who brought a lawsuit “failed to claim a specific injury” and therefore do not have the status to claim that Their state’s constitutional rights for equal protection and due process have been violated.

Amero also noted that Georgia’s Secretary of State had provided a “solid and detailed response” to his request for an update on the investigation into allegations of fraud or fraudulent ballots in Fulton County.

Favorito expressed frustration with the verdict, saying his team had “prepared diligently to show evidence of our allegations” during a hearing the judge had earlier scheduled for November 15.

“Every Georgian citizen has the right to know whether or not Fulton’s election results were rigged, how many injections were given, where they came from and how we can prevent it from happening again in the next election.” ۔ ” In an email. It is not enough for any organization to secretly tell us that there are no fake ballots and refuse to let the public inspect them.

Fulton County Board of Commissioners Chairman Rob Pitts celebrated the dismissal.

“Democracy has won today,” he said in an e-mailed statement. “This case was the result of a big lie, nothing more than a baseless conspiracy theory being spread by people who can’t accept that they lost their side. Its defeat here today. It should resonate in the nation.

Angered by his narrow losses in the traditional red state, former President Donald Trump focused his anger on Georgia and Fulton County in particular. He and his allies have sharply criticized Republican elected officials in the state for not working to make up for their losses.

The attempt to review the ballot in Fulton County was one of several similar surveys and audits that Trump supporters and others have accused of rigging the 2020 general election. State and federal election officials have repeatedly said there is no evidence of large-scale fraud.

Although he was not directly involved in the Georgia case, Trump issued a statement Wednesday denouncing the judge’s decision.

The lawsuit, filed by Favorito and others, relies heavily on the affidavits of many who participated in the ballot count. He said he had seen absentee belts that did not appear to have been marked by hand but by machine and had not been crazed because they would fit in an envelope.

It also included baseless allegations in the past that election workers at Atlanta’s State Farm Arena removed ballot “suitcases” from under a table when observers and members of the media left for the night and scanned ballots several times.

The lawsuit seeks to alter Georgia’s election results, which were confirmed a few weeks after the election. Following the initial ballot count and certification, the state conducted a full count of the presidential race to meet the new audit requirement in state law. The second machine was recounted at the request of Trump’s campaign.

The lawsuit alleges that Fulton County officials failed to comply with state law and properly monitor election workers, and that fake ballots were added and counted, which resulted in Georgia’s eligible voters. Weakened the vote. He argued that, without corrective action by the court, it would be repeated in the next election.

But the judge found that “regardless of the veracity of these allegations”, the voters who filed the lawsuit failed to allege that they were affected personally and individually, and therefore did not stand trial.

The lawyers, along with the state attorney general’s office, filed a counter-brief on Tuesday with the secretary of state detailing the investigative steps taken in response to the claims. Investigators interviewed witnesses and examined about 1,000 absentee ballots and ballot photos. The brief said he did not cover up any of the ballots that matched the statements made by those who took the oath or who appeared to be fraudulent or forged.

Investigators inspected batches and boxes in the box identifying one person taking part in the count, but all were crazed and no one was marked by a computer. The woman then told investigators that she may have made a mistake and given him another box number, but investigators determined that the box batch she was referring to did not exist.

Second-hand counting participants told investigators they also saw suspicious-looking ballots, but did not note the box or batch number.

Investigators also found that security video confirmed that there were “suitcase” ordinary ballot boxes at State Farm Arena that election workers had placed under the tables when they thought they were made for the night and then when. When asked to continue counting, they were withdrawn.

Sign up for the Daily Newsletter.

Copyright © 2021 Washington Times, LLC.

%d bloggers like this: