The 46-year-old restaurant owner Lincolnwood is accused of strangling to d*ath a Chicago woman who was eight months pregnant with his child and then hid her body, prosecutors said Thursday.

Cook County judge Mary Marubio denied bailing 46-year-old Yaer Shen in a YouTube live hearing on Thursday.

Shen was charged with first degree m*rder, willful killing of an unborn child, and concealing a m*rderous d*ath, according to Chicago police.

The victim, 40-year-old Bilian Fang, was last seen on October 9 in a 3,000 South Lock Street block near Chinatown, according to prosecutors and a Chicago missing persons report. Fang’s body was found earlier this week in the outskirts of Stickney.

According to prosecutors, the two met, and on October 9 in the afternoon they left the Lincolnwood restaurant, owned by Shen, and drove to Shen’s house, where they began arguing over money.

Shen entered the house where he lives with his ex-wife and children, while Tusk walked onto the porch and began to sob. Shen and Fang re-entered his vehicle after his ex-wife told him there was a “crying woman on the porch,” prosecutors said.

Around 10:50 PM, Fang called her 14-year-old daughter on Shen’s cell phone because Shen had broken her the day before during a fight, according to prosecutors. Fang asked her daughter to contact one of Fang’s friends and asked him to pick her up from 36th Street and California Avenue, prosecutors said.

After a friend went there but couldn’t find Fang, the teenager called again and Shen replied that Fang “can go away if he wants to,” according to prosecutors.

Fang called his daughter again, and just then the teenager heard Shen arguing with Fang in the background, prosecutors said. The daughter called for the third time after midnight and no one answered.

Afternoon briefing

Afternoon briefing


The best articles from Chicago Tribune publishers, delivered to your inbox every afternoon.

The two continued to fight as Shen began driving, and after Fang slapped him in the face, Shen began to strangle her by placing his hands around her neck, according to prosecutors. He let go, leaving Fang still conscious, but after they continued fighting and Shen began to worry, Fang would call the police, allegedly strangling her again and she passed out.

Shen attempted CPR after she stopped breathing and then dumped her body in the Stickney Water Reclamation Area, covering it with branches and throwing a pink jacket into a wooded area, according to prosecutors and the Cook County forensic office.

Detectives using cell phone data tracked his whereabouts that night and obtained a video of Shen at various points, including southern I-55 and near Morton College near the soccer field, where he stayed for about 45 minutes before departing for Stickney, and then back home. prosecutors said.

Prosecutors said her body had been found using the same cell phone details, and police noticed her pink jacket, which contained her ID, keys, cash and a handwritten note in Cantonese signed by Shen that said, “I’m sorry. I’m not a good person. I have made you suffer. I was cheated. I know it’s irresponsible for me to leave you. I hope we won’t meet in another life. “

On Tuesday, an autopsy revealed that Fang had died from multiple injuries as a result of the assault, and that her d*ath was considered a mansl*ughter, according to a forensic expert’s office. A separate autopsy was performed on the unborn child, and the d*ath was considered homicide, with the discovery that the child would have survived if he had been born at the time Fang died, according to prosecutors.

While in custody, Shen told police that he had done “very bad things” and wanted to kill himself but could not, and was also afraid of going to jail, so he did not report, prosecutors said.

Shen is expected to return to court on November 11.

#Lincolnwood #restaurant #owner #accused #suff*cation #hiding #body #pregnant #woman #Chicago

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *