Meghan Markle and Prince Harry won’t start a new trial in 2021

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry did not bring a single new, publicized lawsuit in 2021, despite several controversies with the media.


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex previously sued six times between September 2019 and November 2020 but newsweek Since then no record of any new legal action has been found on either side of the Atlantic, including in both federal and county courts in California.

Meghan and Harry’s representatives were contacted ahead of publication.


it comes after the period in which page six New York Post Photos ran through raising Meghan’s son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor from the first day of pre-school.

He was also involved in a transatlantic briefing war on a BBC News article which suggested he had not asked Queen Elizabeth II for permission to name his daughter Lillibet.


a news many times Detailing the allegations, staff members who abused Meghan issued a notice saying the newspaper had received a legal complaint but that there was no record of a lawsuit filed with the High Court in London.

The article, posted in June 2021, had a notice that read: “This article is the subject of a legal complaint by The Duchess of Sussex.”

Meghan’s friends also vehemently denied allegations that she threatened her staff at Kensington Palace, first reported many times A few days before his Oprah Winfrey interview aired on March 7, 2021.


His lawyer Jenny Afia of the law firm Schillings told the BBC documentary princes and press: “The overall charge was that the Duchess of Sussex was guilty of bullying. Absolutely not. I think the first thing to do is to be really clear about what bullying is.

“Bullying really means that repeatedly and intentionally using power in an unreasonable way to hurt someone physically or emotionally.

“The Duchess of Sussex absolutely denies doing so. She doesn’t want to deny anyone’s personal experiences,” she said.


Her legal team at Schillings was busy fighting a two-year-old lawsuit brought against the Duchess during the year mail on sunday,

Meghan finally won the case in December when the Court of Appeal ruled in her favor and the newspaper conceded defeat. The paper is expected to pay £1 ($1.36) in significant damages to copyright and minor damages to privacy.

However, not before Meghan’s private messages were put into the public domain by her former press secretary, Jason Knauf.

He forced her to make a public apology for misleading the court on her association with the authors of a flattering biography, finding freedom,

This is not the only case where reputation has come under pressure during litigation.

Prince Harry was accused by a judge of requesting a “manifest disproportionate” legal cost of £35,000 ($48,000) for a statement in court by his lawyer during his own successful case. mail on sunday,

The sour note came when the Duke sued for defamation and settled the newspaper’s report that he had not been in contact with the Royal Marines as he had resigned as a royal, which was acknowledged to be untrue. Was.

On October 2, 2019, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announced their three trials in Johannesburg, South Africa. He did not start any new trial in 2021.
Chris Jackson / Getty Images

There are also two lawsuits in which the prince has accused two UK newspaper groups of phone hacking, News UK, publisher of Sun, and MGN, publisher of daily Mirror and her sister’s titles.

Guardian It was recently reported that both cases would be heard in 2022, but there is little sign that cases are proceeding on the publicly accessible court system.

It appears that the file in the MGN case has not been updated since June 2020 and News UK has been updated since July 2021.

Both lawsuits were launched in late September 2019 but there are no publicly available documents on the MGN case and there are just four court filings on the News UK one.

Conversely, the lawsuit against Meghan mail on sunday, in the same time period, was won, appealed and re-won.

There have been multiple court hearings, 53 court admissions, and in November Meghan expressed her dismay at how long the case was going on.

He said the new York Times Dealbook Online Conference: “In terms of appeal, I won the case. And this issue, frankly, has been going on since I had no children. Now I have two kids. It’s a difficult process, but again.” “It’s just that I stand up for what’s right, which I think is important across the board.”

The other two cases the couple were involved in were against the paparazzi picture agencies.

The couple apologized to US-based X17 after a photographer used a drone to photograph Archie playing with his grandmother, Doria Ragland, on the private grounds of the L.A. mansion where the young family was living at the time.

Splash News filed for bankruptcy partly because of legal action Meghan filed in the High Court of London over photos taken with Archie in a public park on Vancouver Island while they were living in Canada.