JONATHAN LANDRUM Jr.

Rapper Migos Takeoff is dead after the shootout on Tuesday outside the Houston bowling alley, the representative confirmed. He was 28 years old.

Takeoff – who was called Kirsnick Khari Ball – was part of Migos along with Quavo and Offset. A representative of Migos, who was not authorized to speak publicly, confirmed to the Associated Press that Takeoff was dead.

Police reacted shortly after 2:30 AM to reports of a shooting at 810 Billiards & Bowling, where dozens of people had gathered on a balcony outside the bowling alley, which is on the third floor, police said. When they arrived, officers discovered one dead man.

The guards who were in the area heard the shooting but did not see who did it, a police spokesman said. Two other people were injured and taken to hospitals in private vehicles.

No arrests have been announced.

The Grammy-nominated rap trio from Georgia had four Top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, including their multi-week number 1 “Bad and Boujee” starring Lil Uzi Verta. They have released a trilogy of albums titled “Culture”, “Culture II” and “Culture III”, with the first two albums hitting # 1 on the Billboard 200 album chart.

In 2018, they won the ASCAP Vanguard Award for their streaming success with multi-platinum songs such as “Motorsport (starring Cardi B and Nicki Minaj)”, “Stir Fry” and “Walk It Talk It”.

They also played a fictional version of themselves in an episode of the popular TV show “Atlanta”.

Offset, who is married to Cardi B, released a solo album in 2019, while Takeoff and Quavo released their joint album “Only Built for Infinity Links” last month.

___

Associated Press co-authors Juan A. Lozano of Houston and Jill Bleed of Little Rock, Arkansas, contributed to this report.

#Rapper #Migos #Takeoff #dead #Houston #shootout #rep

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *