PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Restrictions remain in place for some major interstates and roadways in Pennsylvania and New Jersey where it is raining. Cold temperature will remain overnight Intermittent light rain is expected from Sunday morning.
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation announced restrictions related to its tier system. All levels prohibit buses, RVs and motorcycles. For tier system analysis, click Here,
Read more: Philadelphia’s school district says 33 more schools will go virtual this week
From 10 pm on Saturday, vehicle restrictions are planned for the following roadways on Tier 1:
- Interstate 70 from the PA Turnpike to the West Virginia border; And
- The entire length of I-79.
Tier 1 also prohibits tractors without a trailer.
Effective Saturday at 11 p.m., there are plans for a Tier 4 restriction on the PA Turnpike I-76 (mainline) from Cranberry (Exit 28) to Breezewood (Exit 161) in both directions.
Tier 3 and Tier 4 restrictions are planned for the following roadways starting midnight:
- I-70 from the Maryland border to the PA Turnpike (Tier 3);
- the entire length of I-99 (Tier 4); And
- I-80 to I-79 to I-81 (Tier 4).
Read more: Somerton auto shop fire under investigation, says Philadelphia Fire
Effective from 2 a.m. on Sunday, Tier 3 and Tier 4 restrictions are expected to:
- the entire length of I-83;
- the entire length of I-84;
- the entire length of I-176;
- US 22 from I-78 to the New Jersey border; And
- US 33 from I-80 to I-78.
- the entire length of I-78;
- the entire length of I-81;
- the entire length of I-180;
- the entire length of I-380;
- I-80 to I-81 to the New Jersey border; And
- The PA Turnpike I-76 (mainline) from Breezewood (Exit 161) to Reading (Exit 286) in both directions.
Tier 4 restrictions for the PA Turnpike I-76 (mainline) begin at 5 a.m. on Sundays, running from Reading (exit 286) to Benslem (exit 351) in both directions, as well as I-476 (extension northeast) in both directions. full length of . ,
In New Jersey, the following restrictions will take effect at 2 a.m. Sunday and remain in effect until further notice for the following highways in both directions:
- I-78, the entire length of the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike);
- I-80, the entire length of the Pennsylvania border to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike);
- I-280, the entire length of I-80 to I-95 (New Jersey Turnpike);
- the entire length of I-287, NJ Route 440 to the New York state border; And
- NJ Route 440 from Outerbridge Crossing to I-287.
more news: Camden County woman dead after home invasion report, prosecutors say
Officials urged caution for drivers venturing out on the road.