It’s been two years since comedian and actor Sinbad had debilitating stroke which put him on a ventilator and put him in a drug-induced coma.

While his family said his particular situation only had a survival rate of around 30%, today the 66-year-old is recovering.

“His progress is simply remarkable,” his family said on a website dedicated to keeping fans informed of his progress. “Limbs that were said to be ‘dead’ are coming to life and he is taking the steps necessary to learn to walk again.”

The update came two years after Sinbad had ischemia hit after a blood clot traveled from his heart to his brain, his family said. After an initially “very promising” prediction, however, he developed another clot Next day. Shortly after he had to undergo a second operation, his brain began to swell, and when doctors tried to reduce the pressure during a craniotomy, they discovered bleeding into the brain.

He was then placed in a medically induced coma and connected to a ventilator.

“It took weeks for him to open his eyes, speak or show signs of basic mobility,” his family wrote on a website. “It wasn’t long before we realized he couldn’t move the left side of his body or just hold his head up. The more time passed, the more the family learned how much he had lost.”

After months of moving through intensive care centers, Sinbad was admitted to a rehabilitation center in May 2021. Two months later – nine months after his first stroke – he was able to go home. He’s improving and even recently made a cameo appearance on an episode of FX’s “Atlanta.”

The family is now asking via a website for help to pay for his treatment, claiming that the cost of his care has exceeded what insurance will cover.

“The chances of surviving these types of events are about 30%,” the family said. “Sinbad has already overcome all odds and made significant strides beyond what anyone expected, but there’s still a long way to go.”

Sinbad, born David Adkins, is known for his stand-up comedy as well as his acting roles on “The Redd Fox* Show”, “A Different World”, “Jingle All the Way” and his own series “The Sinbad Show,” which ran from 1993 to 1994.

Several celebrities turned their attention to his family’s website seeking help, including actor Marlon Wayans, who said: “This man has given so much to our spirit and our smiles.”

“I love you brother, keep fighting,” he continued Instagramadding to his Instagram story that “legends fall in hard times, let’s all be part of the healing.”

Fellow actor and comedian DL Hughley he also directed people to donate, saying that Sinbad “is not only a naturally talented, FUN brother, he’s also good.”

“This is ours, this brotherhood and sisterhood that comes with an unspoken bond,” he wrote on Instagram, sharing the words of actor Chris Spencer. “…Many times we don’t get a chance to help because it’s too late. … Here’s our chance to stand up for one of stand-up’s greatest acts.”

As part of a fundraiser for Sinbad recovery, his family collaborated with toy designer Miguel Wilson and Rad Retro Power to create a limited edition, hand-painted Sinbad action figure. On Monday, Sinbad’s Instagram post said that only 40 numbers had been made so far and that all proceeds would go towards helping his recovery.

The figure was designed based on the 1990s HBO Sinbad comedy special “Brain Damaged” and depicts the outfit Sinbad wore during the routine.

“His confidence and bold outfits were always impressive” – ​​A description the figure, which comes with a microphone and a towel, says. “This first-ever artwork/figure captures his iconic look from a special offer that only a superstar like Sinbad could do!”

Meanwhile, Sinbad and his family continue to fight.

“In his own words, ‘I’m not done. I will not stop fighting until I can cross the stage again,” his family said on their website. “Neither do we.”

#Sinbads #dead #limbs #revive #years #stroke

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *