The US Postal Service, FedEx and UPS have issued recommended shipping dates to ensure that gifts and cards arrive on Christmas time.
In an economy plagued by epidemics, shortages and rising prices have hit everything from wood to computer chips to toilet paper, prompting retailers to tell consumers to shop early or for Christmas. Don’t find your favorite thing this year.
Contributing to this problem are congestion problems that continue to plague the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, which could affect the supply chain in the next few months. A large backup of cargo ships has arrived at the port of LA. Record level In recent weeks
Ed Desmond, executive vice president of the Toy Industry Association, said last month, “If you see toys that you think your kids want for Christmas, pick them up now.”
On top of supply issues, USPS slows mail delivery. As part of a plan, he said, there would be a reduction in costs and an increase in reliability. The new service standard means that USPS will increase the delivery time of magazines such as 39% first class mail and 93% magazine.
Last year, the mail service was overwhelmed as holiday shoppers shifted their purchases online amid epidemics. The USPS said on its website that it has since “experienced an unprecedented increase in volume and limited employee availability due to the effects of Covid 19.”
This year, USPS. Recommends getting started early. He said on his website, “The earlier you send, the better: don’t delay, mail and send today.”
Here are the dates you should mark on your calendar:
- December 17 – First class mail.
- December 17-First Class Packages (Small)
- December 18 – Preferred mail.
- December 23 – Preferred Mail Express.
- December 9 – FedEx Ground Economy.
- December 15 – FedEx Ground and Home Delivery.
- December 21 – Express Saver.
- December 22 – 2 days and 2 days in the morning.
- December 23 – Overnight services.
- December 24 – FedEx Same Day.
- Check the website for ground shipping, a. Excerpt
- December 22 – Second day air service.
- December 23 – Next day air service.
- Note: UPS service. Bail Most services suspended due to COVID-19
And keep in mind that shipping costs will be closer to December 25th.