Is your team trying to get more engagement on social media? Many brands are experiencing a lull in consumer engagement, which means you have to think outside the box to bring in more consumers through social media.
One of the most effective (and low-cost) ways to boost your social media engagement is to invest in user-generated content (UGC). UGC is any piece of content that a third party creates about your brand. UGC includes content like product reviews, unboxing videos and product styling photos to name a few.
UGC is effective on any platform, but if you are short of resources and you have to give importance to your content, then go for UGC for Instagram. Consumers generally prefer to consume UGC on this platform as they want to watch realistic, real content. As long as it is visually appealing, UGC connects you instantly with consumers who are hungry for authenticity on Instagram.
Why you should use UGC on Instagram
did you know that 90% Do Instagram users follow business accounts? They clearly want to hear from you! Instead of routing all your UGC to Twitter or YouTube, you should funnel it to Instagram to enjoy the following benefits:
• Increased Trust: Every business says its products are the best, so customers can’t take you for granted. It is no surprise that 92% Customers say that UGC is more attractive than traditional advertising as it is more trustworthy.
• Being more competitive: Some of the biggest brands in the world use UGC on their social media platforms. If you are not posting UGC, I can almost guarantee that your competitors big and small. no pressure.
• Saved time and money: UGC is more effective than branded content And It takes very less time to make. Stop worrying about photoshoots or writing the perfect post; Someone else did all the hard work for you!
Three Quick Tips to Master the Instagram UGC
UGC is effective because it shows buyers how your products or services can change their lives for the better. When used properly, UGC is a goldmine for your business. But if you are new to UGC, you might wonder how to find it and use it to grow your business. Follow these three tips to use UGC and promote your brand for less fuss.
1. Encourage your followers to share UGC. Sure, sometimes UGC is with you, but if you want to take advantage of this strategy, you need to actively encourage UGC. Fortunately, making a request to the UGC is very easy:
, Just ask for it. seriously. You’d be surprised how many people will post a picture of themselves with your product if you just ask. You can try offering free stickers, coupon codes or contest entries to encourage more UGC as well.
• Create branded hashtags. Having trouble finding your UGC? Ask your followers to post your photos or videos with a custom hashtag (or by tagging your Instagram account) so you can quickly see it in your feed.
• Partner with Micro-Influencers, In my experience, micro-influencers are cheaper and more effective than big-name influencers. Set up an influencer marketing campaign where the influencer creates a piece of UGC and asks his followers to do the same.
2. Choose high quality UGC. You’ll feel excited when you finally watch your first piece of UGC, but beware: not every content is high quality. You don’t want to repost UGC that is negative, blurry, dark or unclear. Always check with your UGC to find winning content. If you’re drowning in Instagram notifications, use a social listening tool to find UGC the moment you publish it.
3. Always ask permission. Don’t share your favorite UGC right now! Since UGC is created by third parties, you run the risk of legal and copyright issues by sharing someone else’s content on your feed. Always the owner DM of UGC asks for his permission. Be sure to let them know that you will tag them in a re-share so they can get credit for the content.
Some will ask for payment in exchange for the content rights; It is up to you to decide whether you want to pay for the rights. If the user does not respond or if they refuse permission, No use the material.
Your customers don’t want to see picture-perfect product pictures on Instagram. They want to see real, authentic images of your brand’s mission in action. Instead of trying to break your own horn, post more UGC to effectively promote your brand in a more trustworthy (and cost-effective) way. Thanks to the power of UGC – spend fewer hours sending your messages and spend more time with your customers.